The Wagner Daily – September 23, 2021
Below is the full, archived issue of The Wagner Daily swing trading report (sent to members the night before the publication date).
Subscribe now for your access to the best stocks for swing trading, proven Morpheus stock trading strategy, and market timing model with a 20-year track record.
Just drop us a comment with any questions or comments–we’d love to hear from you!
Our timing model was designed to keep our trades in line with the prevailing market trend, not to call tops or catch bottoms in S&P 500 or Nasdaq Composite.
- Per intraday alert, bought $SNAP.
Broad market averages rallied on higher volume in reaction to Wednesday’s Fed meeting.
The Nasdaq Composite reclaimed the 50-day on a pick-up in volume but still has some work to do in order to trigger a buy signal. In order to trigger a buy signal, we must see a Follow Through Day (FTD) or the price reclaim the 20-day EMA on a closing basis, with the 10 and 20-day EMAs turning up.
Growth continues to outperform, with IBD 50 ETF $FFTY and Midcap Growth ETF $IWP already above the 20-day EMA.
Per intraday alert, we bought a half position in $SNAP over resistance in the $77-78 area. The $SNAP setup was discussed in last night’s report. Note that we have a 3% add in place over the base high.
There are a few new setups on the watchlist due to Wednesday’s strength.
As mentioned above, we are adding to $SNAP over the base high.
$PLTR moved off support from the 20-day EMA on Wednesday. We have a buy stop to enter over Wednesday’s close looking for the price to work its way higher during the next few weeks.
$ZI set a new closing high on a pick up in volume. We have two buy orders in place.
- The buy limit is an entry on weakness off support of the 20-period EMA. on the hourly chart.
- The buy stop is over Wednesday’s high.
Whichever setup triggers first is the one we will take. The other is to be canceled right away.
Unofficial Setups – For experienced traders only, no guidance is given for these setups.
- $SMTC – buy at 81.56 or pullback to/near $80 on the open – breakout entry
- $MNDY – buy at 380.00 – downtrend line break
- $DLO – buy at 64.43 – reclaim 20ema
- $ZIM – buy at 55.80 – reversal candle to reclaim 20ema
- $GLBE – tight inside day, buy over Wednesday’s high
- Do not buy all setups listed. Take a few positions and see how they go. If they work, add more exposure, if not, then back off.
Start my Wagner Daily membership now to start receiving winning Morpheus stock trade signals, including a stock portfolio you can easily follow. The Wagner Daily PRO includes live swing trader room for daily, real-time trade ideas and powerful stock trading education.